Saturday May 26th 2018 is the date for the 35th Kirkcudbright Academy Half Marathon!
There are three events to choose from:
- The Half Marathon (18yrs+)
- The Beeches 11.2k (15yrs+) Run
- The Walk (open to all ages ) follows the half marathon route
There is a also a Family Fun Run (1.5 miles) organised by Kirkcudbright Primary school – start 1.20pm
Next year (2018) runners in the Kirkcudbright Academy Half Marathon and 11.2k runs will register with the SiEntries system, the race timing system widely used across the UK. Every competitor in the Half Marathon and 11.2k will receive their own chip to record accurately their start time and end time, and the chips MUST be returned at the end of the race. The results will be available on the SPORTident website shortly after the races have finished.
Please note, the Half Marathon Walk is included in the SPORTident system.
Please check our Facebook page where you can enjoy chatting to other participants and see more photos of the routes.
This event is run by volunteers, so if you would like to contribute in anyway, please do get in touch!
We very much enjoy hosting the event, and having visitors come from all over Britain and other parts of the world. And we look forward to seeing you again this year!
Come along and invite friends to enjoy stunning scenery on some of the most beautiful routes in the country!
You can also book a stall at the event, please call 01557330440
Last year’s results are available to view on our results page.
- Our Starter, Alan Bell (official London Olympics Starter and friend of Kircudbright Academy!) who started the races and presented the prizes.
- Dumfries and Galloway Division – Police Scotland
- Annie’s Aiders
- Mark Hutton and Mike Bonaventura, our commentators
- Kirkcudbright Summer Festivities
- Kirkcudbright Rotary Club
- Tesco Kirkcudbright
- Rogerson’s Garage
The Half Marathon was established to raise money for the School Fund. Every year hundreds of runners and walkers join us to raise money for charities around the globe.