In 2017, runners in the Kirkcudbright Academy Half Marathon and 11.2k runs will register with the SiEntries system, the race timing system widely used across the UK. Every competitor in the Half Marathon and 11.2k will receive their own chip to record accurately their start time and end time, and the chips MUST be returned at the end of the race. The results will be available on the SPORTident website shortly after the races have finished.
Please note, the Half Marathon Walk is NOW included in the SPORTident system.
Closing day for SPORTident entries is the Wednesday before the race and the closing time for late entries on the day is 12 noon.
Entry prices for the Half Marathon and the 11k Beeches Run and The Walk are:
£18 for non-SAL entries
£16 for SAL entries
£10 The Walk
All finishers of our 3 events receive a medal, water, home (well, school!) baked goodies and donated fruit.
There is a also a Family Fun Run (1.5 miles) organised by Kirkcudbright Primary school and entry for this is on the day only.
There is a dedicated parking area behind the school grounds – follow signs for the swimming pool. There are changing rooms and showers in the school but unfortunately we can’t provide secure lockers. All finishers of our 3 events receive a medal, water, home (well school) baked goodies and donated fruit.
On the Day entries being made right up until just before the start time. These new entrants would fill in a paper entry form and pass it with their entry fee to one of the registration desks who would give then the next available race number. The runner would then come to our desk to get their timing chip.
The personal details you give us will be kept on an electronic database and will be made available to other agencies such as Scottish Athletics and the press.
We reserve the right to publish on this website the names of category winners. We will not publish your contact details on the website.
If you have any queries about this please contact
the Race Administrator. 2017@KAHM.ORG.UK
- You must be aged 15 or over on race day to compete in the Beeches Run 11.2k.
- You must be aged 18 or over on race day to compete in the half marathon.
- All entrants must complete the course by 4 pm.
- Feeding stations and first aid cover will not be available after 4pm.
- All trophies must be returned prior to the race.
- All finishers will receive a commemorative medal.
- Race number and all other race information will be forwarded to competitors after Easter.
- The 1st Kirkcudbright trophy (HM) is restricted to competitors normally living within a three mile radius of Kirkcudbright.